Fitch Hill Inn
Pumpkin Nut Muffins
2 eggs, beaten
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup canned or cooked mashed pumpkin
½ cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
¾ cup chopped walnuts
1. Pre-heat oven to 350º.
2. In a large bowl, mix eggs, sugar, pumpkin, oil and water.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture; mix well. Fold in nuts.
5. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups ½ - ¾ full.
6. For regular-sized muffins bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done. For jumbo-sized muffins bake for 30-35 minutes or until muffins test done. Do not over bake. Cool on wire rack.
Yield: 12 regular-sized muffins or 8 Jumbo-sized muffins
Note - These muffins freeze well.